Read about our latest news, media appearances and educational events here.
Diane Seltzer Torre to Present, “They Posted What!? Creating Practical, Defensible Social Media Policies” at Nonprofit Risk Management Center’s Annual Conference
Maryland Employment Lawyers Association Invites Diane Seltzer Torre to Speak on “Sexual Harassment in the #MeToo Era”
Wall Street Journal Quotes Diane Seltzer Torre Regarding Standard of Proof in Cases Involving Allegations of Sexual Assault
SEE MORE OF DIANE IN THE MEDIA
- Brett Kavanaugh’s Sexual Assault Hearing Raises Debate Over Standard of Proof (Wall Street Journal). September 26, 2018. PDF: http://www.seltzerlawfirm.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Brett-Kavanaugh’s-Sexual-Assault-Hearing-Raises-Debate-Over-Standard-of-Proof-WSJ-1.pdf; WSJ Link: https://www.wsj.com/articles/brett-kavanaughs-sexual-assault-hearing-raises-debate-over-standard-of-proof-1537970221?mod=searchresults&page=1&pos=1
- Thursday’s Other #MeToo Hearing on Capitol Hill (Politico). September 26, 2018. https://www.politico.com/story/2018/09/26/watt-hearing-metoo-harassment-812495
- Kavanaugh’s Not the Only Accused Man Getting Grilled by Congress on Thursday. (Bloomberg) September 26, 2018. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-09-26/congress-s-other-metoo-hearing-focuses-on-mortgage-chief-watt
- Ex-Rep Mel Watt and Woman He Is Accused of Harassing to Testify Before House (Chicago Tribune) September 26, 2018. http://www.chicagotribune.com/sns-tns-bc-watt-20180926-story.html
- Mel Watt’s Accuser Invited to Testify at Hearing (Wall Street Journal). September 25, 2018. PDF: Mel Watt and Accuser Address Charges in Hearing – WSJ; WSJ Link: https://www.wsj.com/articles/mel-watts-accuser-invited-to-testify-at-hearing-1537900889
- Mel Watt Accuser to Testify Before House Panel (Roll Call). September 25, 2018. https://www.rollcall.com/news/politics/mel-watt-accuser-might-testify-house-panel
- Watt Accuser at the FHFA Seeks Senate Hearing on Sexual Harassment Allegations (Inside Mortgage Finance). September 18, 2018. https://wp.me/a9I3n0-e9
- Government Report Details Sexual Harassment Allegations Lodged Against Mel Watt (Washington Post). September 14, 2018. https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2018/09/14/government-report-details-sexual-harassment-allegations-lodged-against-mel-watt/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.afe601819279
- Watt Accuser Asks Congress to Compel Him to Testify on Harassment Suit (Politico). August 22, 2018.
- VIDEO: The Defenders: Recordings Detail Alleged Sexual Harassment by Mel Watt (WCNC). August 22, 2018.
- Federal Housing Agency Employee Secretly Taped Director’s Sexual Advances Toward Her (NPR). August, 21, 2018.
- Federal Housing Agency Employee Wanted Equal Pay, Says She Was Told by Director ‘I’m Guilty of Having an Attraction to You’ (The Slot, Jezebel). August 21, 2018.
- PDF: FHFA Chief Wanted Sexual Favors for Pay Hike, Official Says (Law 360). August 21, 2018.
- PDF: Lawsuit, taped recordings by accuser keep pressure on FHFA’s Watt (American Banker). August 21, 2018.
- FHFA Director Mel Watt Under Investigation for Alleged Sexual Harassment (CBS News). July 28, 2018.
- ‘If I kissed that one, would it lead to more?’ Federal Housing Chief Investigated for Sexual Harassment (Politico). July 27, 2018.
- Federal Housing Finance Chief Faces Sexual Harassment Investigation (Washington Post). July 27, 2018.
- Overseer of Fannie, Freddie in Probe for Alleged Harassment (US News & World Report). July 27, 2018. https://www.usnews.com/news/business/articles/2018-07-27/overseer-of-fannie-freddie-in-probe-for-alleged-harassment
- Hard to See How FHFA’s Watt Survives Harassment Allegations (American Banker). July 27, 2018.
- Housing Finance Director, Mel Watt, Investigated for Sexual Harassment (WRAL). July 27, 2018.
- Why the Supreme Court Will Not Be Hearing the Case About a Woman Denied a Job Because of Her Locs (Allure magazine) May 26, 2018
- Uber Driving Charged in NYC Terrorist Attack Reminds Employers About Pre-Employment Screening (smartceo.com) November 17, 2017
- DC Bar CLE Program: Bringing Classes to You (Washington Lawyer) June 2017
- Working: Labor Dept. App Could Reduce Overtime Disputes (Washington Post) May 22, 2011
- Sitting Across from a Questionable Query (Washington Post) April 6, 2008
- ABA Litigation News January 7, 2008
- On the Job (Washington Post) December 19, 2007
- On the Job (Washington Post) September 28, 2007
- On the Job (Washington Post) April 23, 2007
- Two EEOC Initiatives Highlighted in Action Against Walgreens (Workforce Management Magazine) March 15, 2007
- EEOC Campaign Takes Aim at Race, Color Bias (Workforce Management Magazine) March 12, 2007
- Combating Racial Discrimination in the 21st Century (The Epoch Times) March 5, 2007
- EEOC Launches Initiative the Highlights Racial Bias (BNA’s Daily Labor Report) March 1, 2007
- EEOC Takes on 21st-Century Racism (Diversityinc.com) March 1, 2007
- Here’s a Tip: No Work Without Pay (WashingtonPost.com) July 24, 2006 http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/07/20/AR2006072001167_pf.html
- County Settles Suit with Former Rolle Employee (Frederick News Post) June 29, 2006
- Dealing With “Blowhards” in Government Offices (WashingtonPost.com) April 17, 2006
- Worker Sues Due to Firing by Rolle (The Frederick News Post) January 20, 2006
- Woman Accuses State’s Attorney (The Frederick News Post) November 11, 2005
- Church Fires Clerk Amidst Harassment Investigation (The Washington Examiner) April 8, 2005
- Diane Seltzer is quoted in the Washington Examiner regarding her representation of an employee of the First Baptist Church of Highland Park who accused her pastor of sexual harassment and retaliation. Washington Examiner February 2, 2005
- On the Job (Washington Post) December 19, 2004
- CSPAN, Panelist on the National Council on Disability Press Conference, “Righting the ADA” (Washington, DC) December 2004
- On the Job (Washington Post) November 27, 2004
- On the Job (Washington Post) November 14, 2004
- On the Job (Washington Post) September 19, 2004
- On the Job (Washington Post) August 15, 2004
- On the Job (Washington Post) July 25, 2004
- The Abrams Report, “The $54 million dollar Morgan Stanley sex discrimination settlement” (MSNBC) July 13, 2004
- On the Job (Washington Post) June 6, 2004
- On the Job (Washington Post) December 7, 2003
- On the Job (Washington Post) November 9, 2003
- On the Job (Washington Post) July 27, 2003
- On the Job (Washington Post) July 13, 2003
- On the Job (Washington Post) June 1, 2003
- On the Job (Washington Post) April 6, 2003
- On the Job (Washington Post) September 1, 2002
- Attorneys Discuss E-Mail, Internet Use; Offer Tips on Liability, Monitoring Policies (BNA Government Relations Reporter) April 29, 2003
- Volunteer Firefighter Wins Lawsuit Against County (Montgomery County Gazette) December 11, 2002
- Annapolis Harassment Claims Spur Sensitivity Course for City Officials (Baltimore Sun) June 5, 2002
- Don’t Sell Yourself Short (Kiplinger’s Personal Finance) August 1, 2001
- Child Care Worries Adding Up (Washington Post) April 30, 2001
- DC Court Reinstates Epileptic Nurse (CUA Tower) April 20, 2001
- Witness Tampering Try Alleged (Washington Post) July 30, 1999
- A Hairy Dispute in Washington, D.C. (www.apbonline.com) June 18, 1999
- D.C. Officer Wins Suit Over Dreadlocks (Washington Post) May 5, 1999
- Health Department Worker Claims Reprisals for Billing Report (Hagerstown Herald-Mail) December 8, 1998
- Those Prying Eyes: Why Doctor-Patient Confidentiality Isn’t What It Used to Be (Washington Post Magazine) February 8, 1998 http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/national/longterm/exposed/exposed2.htm
- Officer Dread (Washington City Paper) April 4, 1997
- Court TV’: “Johnnie Cochran Tonight” and “Pros and Cons”
- Black Entertainment Television: “BET Tonight”, “BET Talk” and “Our Voices”
- Fox Morning News
- Montgomery County Community Television program, “Law School for the Public”, addressing the legal rights of disabled persons.
- Bottom Line
- Video, “Mediation: A National Call to Action” released by the United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, February 1999
- The Bureau of National Affair’s Employment Discrimination Report
- The Bureau of National Affair’s Human Resources Report
UPCOMING AND RECENT EVENTS
Click on the events listed below to learn more.
On January 22, 2019, Diane Seltzer Torre will teach the D.C. Bar Continuing Legal Education Program, "Drafting Employee Handbooks." Here is the link to register for the course: https://tinyurl.com/y6utb8w7
Diane Seltzer Torre will discuss recent developments in federal law pertaining to the #MeToo movement and sexual harassment. Her presentation is part of the Maryland Employment Lawyers Association's 14th Annual Conference. Register for the all day employment law...
Diane Seltzer Torre was a panelist on the National Mediation Training Seminar before 55 staff mediators and 14 Alternative Dispute Resolution Coordinators with the United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. Her panel focused on the twenty year anniversary...